Arivium Inc. Global Privacy Statement
Last Updated: June 3, 2019
Effective Date: June 1, 2019
This privacy statement ("Statement") applies to Arivium Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Arivium," "we," or "us"). At Arivium, we strive to deliver outstanding products, services, and experiences around the world. We value your business and, more importantly, your loyalty. We recognize that privacy is an important issue. We have developed this Statement to explain our practices regarding the personal information we collect from you or about you on this site or via our apps, through written or verbal communications with us, when you visit one of our online sites, or from other sources. While this Statement broadly describes the practices we have adopted globally, local laws vary and some jurisdictions may place restrictions on our processing activities (e.g., certain jurisdictions may require affirmative consent to send marketing messages). Therefore, our actual practices in such jurisdictions may be more limited than those described herein in order to enable us to comply with local requirements. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), please see Appendix A for additional information regarding Arivium's use of your personal information.
By using any of our products or services and/or by agreeing to this Statement, e.g. in the context of registering for any of our products or services, you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and use personal information as described in this Statement.
Please note that this Statement does not apply to our processing of personal information on behalf of and subject to the instructions of third parties.
Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
- Personal Information We Collect
- Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
- Use of Personal Information Collected About You
- Personal Information We Share
- Other Information
- Sensitive Information
- Personal Information From Children
- Mobile and Location-Based Services
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
- Protecting Personal Information
- International Transfers of Personal Information
- Changing and Accessing Your Personal Information
- Retaining Personal Information
- Choices – Marketing Communications
- Statement Modifications
- Contact Us
- Arivium Privacy Statement Revisions
- Appendix A: Additional Provisions Applicable to Processing of Personal Information of EEA Residents
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information at every online interaction, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your name, mailing address, billing address, email address, phone number, information related to the transaction of products or services; payment information, such as your payment card number and other card information, as well as authentication information and other billing and account details associated with mobile billing; user preferences; information provided on partner and account applications; and other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain about you.
In addition to the information we collect from you directly, we may also infer information about you based on the information you provide to us or from Other Information we collect.
Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including information from our other customers, and from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us. We use and only share this information (and may append this information to the other information we have on file for you) for the purposes described in this Statement.
Use of Personal Information Collected About You
We use your personal information in a number of ways, including to properly invoice and collect payment, administer your user account, and to apply to collaboration streams with trading partners. We will collect your consent prior to processing your data where required by applicable law. Failure to provide this information will result in our inability to maintain your account in this Site.
- Service Administration: We use your personal information to administer programs in which you participate, including providing you with access to your account information, to fulfil services that are part of such program; to enable direct communication between collaboration partners; and to facilitate collections.
- Communications: We use your information to provide transaction notifications and account alerts. We may provide these communications via email, text message (including SMS and MMS), push notifications, and in-app messaging. We may also collect information from your payment card, which can be appended to personal information and used by Arivium to recognize what type of card you have, such as the bank or network of the card, and present and/or send you targeted marketing messages based on your payment method and in accordance with your communication preferences.
- Service Improvements: We may use your personal information to improve Arivium's services and to ensure that our site, products, and services are of interest to you.
- Data Correctness, Analytics and Personalization: We may aggregate your personal information with data from third-party sources for purposes of keeping information up to date and analytics. We also rely on information from third parties in order to provide better, more personalized service. For example, if you connect your social media services or other accounts to our services, we may use this information to make your experiences with us more personal and social, or share and use it as described elsewhere in this Statement.
Personal Information We Share
In order to offer you the expected level of customer service, we may share your personal information among our service providers, and other third parties as set forth in detail below:
- Electronic Billing Program: For credit card payments, a summary detailing the goods and services provided to you during your usage license may be shared with the payment card provider and, if you participate in a corporate billing program and use a corporate payment card, the payment card provider may share that summary with your employer.
- Business Partners: We will make your personal information available to your business partners with who you collaborate through this Site.
- Service Providers: We rely on third parties to provide services and products on our behalf and may share your personal information with them as appropriate. Generally, our service providers are contractually obligated to protect your personal information and may not otherwise use or share your personal information, except as may be required by law. However, our fraud detection service providers may use, but not share, your personal information for fraud detection purposes. We may use service providers to communicate news and deliver promotional and transactional materials to you on our behalf, including personalized online and mobile advertising in accordance with your preferences and applicable law. Please see our Cookies Statement for more information. Arivium will only work with parties that offer a method to opt-out of such advertising.
- Business Transactions: As we develop our business, we might sell, buy, restructure or reorganize businesses or assets, or cease being the manager of this Site. In such circumstances, Arivium may transfer or assign information collected, including, without limitation, Other Information (described below) and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties in connection with these business transactions. To the extent that local laws require it, we will provide notice of our intent to transfer personal data to a third party for this purpose, and explain how you can object to such transfer.
- Other: In addition, Arivium may disclose personal information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Arivium, site visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites' terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
When you visit and interact with Arivium websites and apps, we collect other information that does not directly identify you about your use of the site, such as the transactions you processed, and the number of logins to our sites ("Other Information"). We use Other Information, as well as data received from third parties, to deliver you email notifications. We may also use Other Information to allow third-party partners to recognize you as an Arivium Site user when you visit the partner's website or app.
At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track signals or other, similar mechanisms. Please see our Cookies Statement for more information.
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, such information may be disclosed for any purpose where permitted by law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with personal information. If we do combine any Other Information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information in accordance with this Statement.
The term "sensitive information" refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, sex life, or sexual orientation, genetic information, criminal background, and any biometric data used for the purpose of unique identification. In some jurisdictions, mobile phone numbers, location data, and information contained on identity documents also are considered sensitive information.
We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you or unless we are required to do so pursuant to applicable laws or regulations.
Personal Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Mobile and Location-Based Services
We may provide mobile apps that can be downloaded to your smartphone or mobile device. These apps have a variety of functionalities that enhance the user experience. In addition to providing services, our apps may collect personal and Other Information that will be used in accordance with this Statement. For example, to process a transaction, you will be required to provide some personal information, such as your application credentials or other information as necessary. We provide a link to this Statement to customers prior to their downloading of any of our apps.
We offer all of these mobile services only to the extent permitted by applicable local laws.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Protecting Personal Information
Arivium will take reasonable measures to: (i) protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. Arivium's Security team is responsible for, among many other things, monitoring our systems for potential intrusions, responding to potential incidents, supporting property-level information security, regularly reviewing and updating the security controls Arivium uses to protect data. In the event of a security incident, Arivium will notify regulators and/or consumers as required by applicable laws or regulations.
We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technological measures to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, please do not send payment card numbers or any other confidential personal information to us via email.
We will not contact you by mobile/text messaging or email to ask for your confidential personal information or payment card details. We will only ask for payment card details by telephone. We will not contact you to ask for your account log-in information. If you receive this type of request, you should not respond to it. We also ask that you please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Handling of Personal Information
As a provider of services globally, we endeavor to provide you with the same user experience as other customer users. To provide this service, you acknowledge that we may share your personal information among our service providers, and other third parties, which may be located in countries outside of your own. For users in countries other than the United States, the data controller for that information remains in the United States where processing and storage of data is performed. Although the data protection laws of various countries may differ from those in your own country, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is handled as described in this Statement and in accordance with the law.
Changing and Accessing Your Personal Information
As a licensed user of Arivium applications, the information you provided to us at the time of registration may be accessed, reviewed and updated at any time by signing in to your account profile.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, withdraw your consent for certain data processing activity and/or request that we update, correct, delete, and/or stop processing your personal information. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law and as required by law. When permitted by law, we may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. Such requests may be submitted in writing to email@example.com or Arivium Inc., 1631 Diamond Ave. NE, Suite 1, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, USA. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
In addition, in some circumstances based on applicable law, you may request that we cease sharing personal information about you with our business partners or that Arivium cease using personal information about you by contacting us using the email or mailing address above. We will seek to honor those requests consistently with applicable law.
Retaining Personal Information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. We retain personal information collected in order to process business transactions and for audit trail purposes.
We will destroy your personal information upon your request, if able to do so without affecting in-process business transactions, in a way that the information may not be restored or reconstructed.
If printed on paper, the personal information will be destroyed in a secure manner, such as by cross-shredding or incinerating the paper documents or otherwise and, if saved in electronic form, the personal information will be destroyed by technical means to ensure the information may not be restored or reconstructed at a later time.
Choices – Marketing Communications
As a registered user who has given us your contact information (mail address, fax number, email address or phone number), we may want to inform you in accordance with any preferences you have expressed, and with your consent where required, about our products and services or invite you to events via email, online advertising, social media, WeChat, WhatsApp, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS), push notifications, in-app alerts, postal mail, our customer service call center, and other means.
If you prefer not to receive email marketing materials from us, you may opt-out at any time by replying to email messages with the request to remove you from subsequent messages. Opt-out requests can take up to ten business days to be effective.
You may control whether our mobile apps send you push notifications by changing your notification settings on your mobile device. If we engage in sending you in-app messages, we will allow control for those in our apps' settings. For more information about cookies and interest-based advertising and to learn about how to manage these technologies, please see our Cookies Statement.
Special Notification for California Residents. Individual users who reside in California and have provided their personal information to Arivium may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or Arivium, Inc., 1631 Diamond Ave. NE, Suite 1, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, USA. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
We may modify this Statement from time to time. When we make material changes to this Statement we will post a link to the revised Statement on the homepage of our site, and if you have registered for any of your products or services, will may also inform you though a communications channel that you have provided. You can tell when this Statement was last updated by looking at the link and at the date at the top of the Statement. Any changes to our Statement will become effective upon posting of the revised Statement on the site. Use of the site, any of our products and services, and/or providing consent to the updated Statement following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Statement then in effect.
If you have any questions about this Statement or how Arivium processes your personal information, or if you wish to either provide a compliment or a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at Arivium Inc., 1631 Diamond Ave. NE, Suite 1, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, USA. We will respond within 30 days or sooner if practicable.
Arivium Worldwide Privacy Statement Revisions
- Initial Version.
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PROCESSING OF
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF EEA RESIDENTS
For individuals residing in the EEA, this Appendix outlines certain additional information that Arivium is obligated to provide to you, as well as certain rights you have with respect to the processing of your personal information, pursuant to applicable local laws. This Appendix will control to the extent it conflicts with any provision in the main body of this Statement.
Controller: for more information on the Arivium entities that process your personal information, please click here.
Data Protection Officer: Arivium's Data Protection Officer may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the following address:Attn: Data Protection Officer
1631 Diamond Ave. NE, Suite 1
Grand Rapids, MI 49505, USA
Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing: Arivium processes your personal information for the purposes set forth in Sections 4 (Use of Personal Information Collected About You) and 5 (Personal Information We Share) of the main body of this Statement.
The legal bases for Arivium's processing activities include processing such information as necessary to comply with our contractual obligations, compliance with our legal obligations, protecting the safety of our employees, guests and others, for our legitimate business interests, and pursuant to your consent.
The particular legal basis for the processing of your personal information is based on the purpose for which such information was provided or collected:
- Brandhesion Collaboration: We process the personal information obtained in connection with your registered use account in the Brandhesion applications on the basis of our contractual relationship with you and in furtherance of our business interests, including to personalize your use of our services and applications, and for audit trail purposes on business transactions.
Retention: We retain personal information about you for the time necessary to accomplish the purpose for which such information was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law. Our retention policies reflect applicable statute of limitation periods and legal requirements.
Data Subject Rights: Residents of the EEA have the following rights:
Access, Correction and Erasure Requests: You have the right to:
- ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information
- receive information on how your data is processed
- obtain a copy of your personal information
- request that we update or correct your personal information
- request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances
Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to request that Arivium cease processing of your personal information:
- for marketing activities, including profiling
- for statistical purposes
- where such processing is based on our legitimate business interests, unless we are able to demonstrate a compelling legitimate basis for such processing or we need to process your personal information for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim
Right to Restrict Processing : You have the right to request that Arivium limit the processing of your personal information:
- while Arivium is evaluating or in the process of responding to a request by you to update or correct your personal information
- where such processing is unlawful and you do not want Arivium to delete your data
- where Arivium no longer requires such data, but you want us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim
- where you have submitted an objection to processing based on our legitimate business interests, pending our response to such request
Where we limit the processing of your personal information pursuant to your request, we will inform you prior to re-engaging in such processing.
Data Portability Requests: You have the right to request that we provide you or a third party that you designate with certain of your personal information in a commonly used, machine readable format. Please note, however, that data portability rights apply only to personal information that we have obtained directly from you and only where our processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract.
Submitting Requests: your requests may be submitted in writing to email@example.com, or Arivium Inc., 1631 Diamond Ave. NE, Suite 1, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, USA. You may also update your personal information as provided in Section 12 (Changing and Accessing Your Personal Information) of the main body of this Global Privacy Statement.
We will respond to all such requests within 30 days of our receipt of the request, unless there are extenuating circumstances, in which event we may take up to 60 days to respond. We will inform you if we expect our response to take longer than 30 days. Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such rights pursuant to applicable data protection laws. In addition, we will not respond to any request unless we are able to appropriately verify the requester's identity. We may charge you a reasonable fee for subsequent copies of data that you request.
If you have concerns about our data practices or the exercise of your rights, you may contact Arivium at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that we conduct solely based on your consent (such as sending direct marketing materials to your personal email account). You may withdraw your consent to marketing activities by following the instructions on any marketing emails, or contacting email@example.com. For any other activities for which you have previously consented, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw such consent.
International Data Transfers: We store the personal information we collect about you pursuant to the purposes described in this Statement in the United States.